Friday, July 16, 2010

Blah

The longer I don't write, the harder it is to get back to it, but I'm going to try.  I've been away having surgery on my foot.  I was sure I'd be up and walking two days post-op, as the doctor said that I could walk almost immediately on my heel after.  What he didn't tell me is that it would feel like glass shards were embedded  in my skin and that the foot would swell like a hot air balloon.

The timing for the surgery could not be worse:  Lauren will be performing a 45 minute piano recital Monday night, and there is much to do to prepare, and wonderfully, many people coming to visit.  Still, there was no other time to do the surgery - I couldn't walk well anymore and Lauren, my spare driver, is off to college soon.  I intend to be a vibrant old person, and must prepare while I'm still "young".

So here I sit, with a shoe that looks like a 90 year old man's Velcro shoe.  It will go marvelously with my dress, a new fashion statement.  Not to complain or anything.  I'm surrounded by wonderful friends and loving family.


Notes:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Lauren!  As I have told you, you have far exceeded any expectations a parent could ever have for a child.  I am proud to be your mom.  I can't imagine daily life without you here, but I'm so happy you have such purpose, direction and love for what you do.  I look forward to seeing how the next phase of your life unfolds.

4 comments:

splendid said...

it seems we are constantly reminded:
" getting older is NOT for sissies."

pita-woman said...

I have every intention of being at the concert Monday, but if I don't show, don't take it personal... I'm battling an upper-respiratory infection right now and I'm sure a hacking cough from the audience wouldn't go well with her beautiful piano playing.

Cloudia said...

Bless Lauren, You, and the vibrant old ladies we shall be!




Aloha from Waikiki

Comfort Spiral

Anonymous said...

If you get to the point you need a driver, I would be happy to Chauffer you around after Diane gets back next week. Love, Dad

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts