Thursday, April 07, 2011

Children's Museum - Indianapolis




We spent some time in the present, the past, and the future in one day.   In Indianapolis for a day, we had heard for many years that the Indianapolis Children's Museum was worth a visit.  What I hadn't taken into account, however, is that this is the almighty Spring Break week for much of the Midwest.  The museum was overrun, but we tried to be patient as it was our only opportunity to visit.  About half-way through the visit, we were informed that not only was it Spring Break, but that it also was the first Thursday of the month.  Which means...? That admission was FREE! from 4 p.m. - 8 p.m. (I'd already paid my admission fees) and they were expecting 6000 additional guests!  By 5 p.m., William and I decided we'd seen quite a bit, and headed upstream against a tide of new visitors.  I suppose my pre-visit information gathering was a bit lax this time.

William best liked the dinosaurs, which is where we spent the most time.  My favorite?


Despite my slight claustrophobia in crowds, I realized that my boy was growing up, that some of the displays were for kids much younger.  Still, he can be mesmerized and caught up in the joy of playing to learn.


I know it won't be much longer and he'll be all grown up.

2 comments:

Cloudia said...

Great shots
great boy
Great MOM-ucator!



Warm Aloha from Waikiki


Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


><}}(°>

Jessica K said...

Aww...Sorry you went on a bad day. It is a LOT more fun on a normal weekday. We got a half off membership, and have been several times in the last few months. The little ones LOVE it, and I love watching them enjoy themselves. You really should give it another chance on a less crowded day...and we will meet you there :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts