Sunday, January 20, 2008

Holy Smoke!

Smoking has been a big part of my life. Well, I should say of those around me. I've never tried once to smoke, which is only a matter of timing, I suspect, for both my mom, dad, and all my adult relatives smoked. They'd just started teaching in the schools that smoking kills, and that was enough for me. I went home, found Dad's open pack of cigarettes, and broke them all in half, thinking that would get the message to him and he'd quit. I remember Dad yelling at me that I'd better not ever do that again.

Smoking continued to be a big part of Dad's life until his heart attack. He wrote about his smoking career on his blog today. Go here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm fascinated by the topic of hearts and how they are affected by smoke, diet, heredity. I just read The Surgeons by Charles Morris and it really explains what is going on with the industry of fixing hearts. You might like it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts