Sunday, November 14, 2010

Fire and Brimstone

All I can say is that he or she must have been a guest to our Church this morning. Otherwise, how could they not know what would happen?

Father M holds up four fingers.  "So today, I want you to remember four things that the Church wants you to know are at the end."

  1. Death
  2. Judgement
  3. Heaven
  4. or Hell
Simultaneously with his utterance of "Hell", someone's cell phone went off.  

Father M's eyes narrowed.  "And that's where you are going right now!  (He says, pointing in the direction of the ring tone.  Congregational laughter.)  When I die, I'll be at the pearly gates to testify against you!"  

We all know he was joking just as we also know he is dead serious when asking us to silence our cell phones during services.

Notes:
I just want to take a moment to tell all of my friends how very blessed I am to know you, those in real life and those who are my cyberpals.  I enjoy all of your comments here and on Facebook.


The men in my life take in a football game

3 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

That si really funny, but terribly bad, too. I mock people in elevators, hubby gets upset as he's afraid someone will deck him. Sigh. Gotta teach people how to treat you!

Cloudia said...

I feel the same about cell phone etiquette


and about Y O U!




Aloha from Waikiki :)

Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>

David Cranmer said...

I was passing through several airports last week and the number of ringing cell phones and folks talking loud was insane.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts