Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Bookadventure Website

My kids recently re-discovered this website that we've enjoyed before: BookAdventure.com It suggests books by reading levels or genre. Kids can take quizzes on books they've read and they earn points. Though we've never redeemed points, the girls seem to enjoy taking the quizzes.

Here's their intro:

Book Adventure is a FREE reading motivation program for children in grades K-8. Children create their own book lists from over 6,000 recommended titles, take multiple choice quizzes on the books they've read offline, and earn points and prizes for their literary successes. Book Adventure was created by the Sylvan Learning Foundation and is sponsored by Sylvan Learning, Inc.


1 comment:

gr8daneluvr said...

"Junosmom",
By all means encourage your kids to read! I always loved to read when I was growing up, and couldn't wait to go to the library each week. I still love to read, but don't have the time for it like I used to.
I know my speaking/writing skills aren't perfect nowadays, mostly because I'm in a rush, but when I was in school, I made wonderful grades in the language and vocabulary classes, and I've no doubt it was due to my voracious reading habits. And, I can honestly say that I can credit my love of writing my "Random Thoughts" & mindless dribble emails to a couple of my teachers, my 8th grade English teacher inparticular (may she R.I.P.). She wrote a lot of short stories about things that happened in her life and read them to us, and she has truly been my inspiration...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts