Monday, August 03, 2009

An Open Letter

Dear Mr. Raccoon,

Finding food growing freely is very resourceful, and truly, I don't mind that you take a tomato once in awhile. In fact, I love to give back to the environment. But I find you very wasteful to have chosen FIVE fully ripe tomatoes from my vines and to eat only 1/4th of each. Shameful, it is. Please, clean your plate next time before going back for seconds.
Sincerely,

Owner of only two tomato plants

Notes:
My nephew, Joey, is staying with me this week.

Lauren will be playing in a 10 piano concert in two weeks. She told us that she was chosen to play the #5 piano! The two middle pianos, #5 and #6 of ten, are the most prestigious for the best players. They are in control of the start and flow of the piece. She will be playing Liebestraum.

5 comments:

debra said...

Kudos to Lauren!
Our garden is fenced, so I just feed the slugs.

whitetr6 said...

Dear Junosmom,
I share your concern for waste, as my species is well known for our frugality. I feel compelled to report that it is not I that have stolen your ripe tomatoes, but that fiend the opossum. I shall be vigilent in my nightly visits to your lovely garden, and if I should see the guilty party approaching, I will stealthily replace the tomatoes with hot peppers. That other fellow isn't too bright, so I suspect this will keep him away in the future. Yours in conservation, Rocky

Junosmom said...

It occurred to me to write to Mr. Varmint, rather than Mr. Raccoon, as I didn't really see the culprit. But I hate raccoons, the chicken murderers, so I blame them for everything. However, a very large opossum was cornered by Daisy yesterday. I think it looked guilty.

pita-woman said...

Congrats to L!
I feel your pain on the 'maters. We've 18 plants, and every single 'mater I've picked so far this year (and last) has either a black rotten spot on it or a single bite taken out of it. You'd think with that many plants, they'd leave me something to harvest that isn't ruined. :(

Cloudia said...

Great note!
Go Lauren!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts