Friday, November 18, 2005

On the Phone

Now, I am not a big phone talker and never have been. But being a woman requires the ability to talk or at least listen on the phone, and to do it well. It's like a job requirement. Anyway, I just love it when you are in a conversation and the person on the other end gives you the boot. You know what I mean. They try to gently get you off the line by saying "I'm going to let you go now" or "I won't keep you any longer".

You and I both know that this person is really saying "I'm done with this conversation and I want to hang up on you now". Okay, so that wouldn't be so polite, but do they really think you don't know what they mean?

Dh at work has unfortuately been the brunt of my aggravation when I hear typing in the background. This is a cue, my dear sisters, that someone isn't listening.

And what's up with all the wrong numbers lately and the rudeness? Evidently, there are many phone numbers close to mine, because I get at least two wrong numbers a day, all looking for different places. Invariably, one of these calls start by someone asking "Who is this?" Duh, you called me?? What ever happened to good, old phone manners?

1 comment:

pita-woman said...

Phone manners? What are those? I've been griping about the lack of them for a long, long time! I always love it when people call my office asking for directions on how to get there, then when I proceed to tell them, they get all annoyed saying, "wait a minute, I've got to get something to write this down on/with!"
Idiots! They knew they needed to write it down when they called me, why not be prepared?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts