Friday, August 11, 2006

The Concept of Vacation

While driving, I told the girls that MY idea of vacation would be to act as if we were actually going somewhere on vacation, clean the house, do all the laundry, have all the everyday tasks done, then, hire a maid for the week. We'd stay home and read books all day, ride our horses, sit on the porch and enjoy our own place.

Both girls started laughing. "Mom, that's what we do now, everyday, " they said. "We want to go somewhere."

Hah. My eyes opened. So I'm the maid. "Well, yesssss," they said slowly in unison. They knew they were walking on very thin ice.

Truly, though, I love where I live. Granted, there is no ocean, but early in the morning, you can sit on the front porch and listen to the cicadas. Lester, the rooster, announces that the day's begun. The sun comes up just over my barn that is no more but is to be. My dogs dance about my legs, making me laugh. I think a bit of heaven is right here, and there is no need to go in search of it.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is a very sweet post. Your home sounds wonderful (even if you are the one doing all the work).

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

pita-woman said...

Amen!
Ah, to live the country life.
That would be my dream.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts