Sunday, August 27, 2006

Lauren in France

As I wrote in my last blog, Lauren had the opportunity to go to France to compete in a horse competition and do a little educational sight-seeing as well. Travelling with her five team members, a mom who is a travel agent and speaks French, and with their adult female coach, the girls have quite the itinerary before them. I'll write a little each day about what they are likely doing.

Boarding the plane yesterday at 5 p.m., they were to arrive in Paris at around 11 a.m. and proceed to their hotel by 2 p.m. They planned to spend the afternoon touring the Latin Quarter, seeing Notre Dame Cathedral, and dinner. I've not yet heard from her, but as the chaperone said, no news is good news. Speaking of news....

Dh just about gave me a heart attack this morning when on returning from dropping Anna off at her religious ed. class, asked me if I'd heard the news about a plane crash. After picking my stomach up off the driveway, I learned that it was a small commuter in Lexington. Not Lauren's plane. My heart goes out to those that were on that plane, and those left behind.

Letting her go was very difficult. I was emailed, "Is is safe to let her go?" Well, I can tell you I'm likely to lose a year or so on my lifespan, but if you don't take risks, you don't really live. Besides, despite today's crash, it is more common to be injured in a car on the way to the grocery than in a plane. So what, we don't eat? No, I let her go confidently. She's a beautiful butterfly and it's time to fly.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts