Thursday, April 02, 2009

I Disappeared

This morning, it was difficult to get up. The window allowed a slight breeze in the dusk. I listened to the newly arrived birds, a train whistle in the distance, and occasionally, a crow from one of my two roosters. Yet, the day was changing even as I listened - the sun began to rise, and duties called. And on the edge of my mind was my neglect of my blog.

Where did I go? It seems that with the awakening of the spring, I've added outside chores to my indoor. I'm trying to move mountains in getting William into a regular school routine. And the girls are working very hard on their future - which includes me in the discovery and research.

Yesterday, evening found me working on our chicken tractor (a movable coop). Several of the five chickies found a hole in the chicken wire and escaped. Luckily, no large chicken found them them to peck their tiny heads in, no horse trampled them into pancakes. I began by removing wire. But why put new wire on rotten wood, so I set about replacing one of the main runners and a cross strut. The more I pounded, the more rot I found. Like most projects I start, it soon became mass destruction and despair of finishing the project in the time I'd alotted.

One mashed finger, curse word and several hours later, I actually got it back together and be-wired. It will have to be re-built, but will last for a little while yet. The chickies are back, warm in the hay under their mommy's wing.

Aloha Mo (rooster) lost his crow. If you find it, please return it to me. He can't even cluck to the hens when he finds a morsel. Perhaps spring allergies?

On another note: Do you know how much it costs to go to college these days?

5 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

Cost of College:
The same amount of money it would take to feed a village in Tibet!

I explained to my kids that 'in my day', it cost $484/semester.

/mother to three graduates!

Kristen Painter said...

I can only imagine the cost of college nowadays!

debra said...

My #1 daughter is in college in NYC. The answer to your question: A. L.O.T.

Cloudia said...

You want to send aloha Mo to college?
LOL!
Love Ya, Aloha-

chuckmccky said...

Nice to see you back! I am half-way home from Florida. I am spending the weekend with my oldest son and grandchildren in the Charlotte area. My college tuition was $150 per year (for the last three years I had a full tuition scholarship. Room & Board plus books brought the total per year to $1200-$1500. The graduate (chemical engineering) with the highest paying job landed $6600 per year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts