Sunday, March 20, 2011

Dead Ash

Dh cut down a tree out front today.  I'm always sad to see a tree cut.  This one was dying and it needed to go, but still sad.  I find it interesting to visit places I've lived, only to find that the trees look different, bigger.  Out back, we have a tree that is well over one hundred years old, and I often think about how it has been here to see all the changes on our land for over a century.  But this one, this marker, won't be there.



William came running in with his net, asking me to identify insects found near the tree.  As best I can tell, they were box elder insects, which besides maple and box elder, like ash trees like this one.  It is likely we'll lose a few trees this year due to past drought.  (See the evergreen in the photo.)

2 comments:

Cloudia said...

understand completely,



"Trees are your best antiques."
Alexander Smith



Warm Aloha to you
from Honolulu!


Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


><}}(°>

Junosmom said...

Yes, and are history.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts