Thursday, February 04, 2010

Change the World with Facebook

Thousands of teens are spending brain cells this week searching the bandwidths for photos of famous people who they resemble. I first heard it from my teens who said they were, I thought, looking for a doppelwanger. They fell down laughing. Not a doppelwanger, they said. A doppelganger. How was I to know? Do I speak German? Anna again had to fall to the ground when I mistakenly referred to one photo of "Keith Ledger". What? Oh, yeah, Heath. Do I spend my days memorizing celebrity names? No. Anyway, I feel like Snape, and some mornings, look like him, too. Not exactly a flattering profile photo.

Recently, the Facebook craze was posting your bra color. If only we could get all this thought and brain power directed to world peace or writing music or doing HOMEWORK! Okay, I've just lost all my young adult readers, so I'll let you go laugh at the old lady.

BTW, doppelwanger is a real word having something to do with wallets or something really dirty, which is what my daughters said it sounded like.

3 comments:

pita-woman said...

Didn't know about the doppleWanger, but I did know what a doppleGanger was, thanks to V.C.Andrews and the book "Flowers in the Attic"
Don't feel bad, I'm not up on current celebrities either. I saw a clip on tv yesterday and I thought it was of Julia Roberts. Not! it was the girl from "Million $ Baby"

Anonymous said...

do you have a rooster named George?
Dad

Junosmom said...

Dad, No, I'll not name a rooster after you because if he carried your name, I would feel badly if I had to ax him because he turned mean.

PITA, Glad to hear it's not just me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts