Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Looking for Sunshine

It was like a phantom limb. All day, I was putting on the emergency brake that wasn't there and trying to shift a car that has automatic transmission. Seeing a stop ahead, I pushed the clutch to the floor, only it wasn't the clutch, it was the brake, causing Anna to grab the "oh, crap" handle. I suppose it will only take a few days to adjust to driving ol' Eugene again.

There are signs of spring. Roxie the miniature horse tried to rub off her hide in the barn yesterday, a sure sign of shedding. Taking a comb, I was able to remove several pounds of hair from her backside. There is mud everywhere. And yet, looking out the window, snowflakes are peacefully floating to the ground. At least, it would be peaceful if eight year olds were calm and quiet in the morning.

2 comments:

Cloudia said...

You paint wonderful word-pictures. Your world stays in my mind...


Aloha, Friend!


Comfort Spiral

pita-woman said...

I do the same thing when I have to drive my husband's car (automatic) after driving mine for so long (manual).
My jonquils, hyacinths and crocus are starting to poke their tiny green shoots up through the dead stuff in my flowerbeds. A sure sign of spring to come!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts