Saturday, April 22, 2006

Earth Day

What's your footprint? Take this quiz for Earth Day to see your impact on the world. http://www.myfootprint.org/

I often think about this. I'd love to ride my horse or take our pony cart to the grocery. To do so would be suicide. Even to drive the car is risky, given that our town refuses to buy modern stop lights and relys on a flashing red light. No one can ever figure out whose turn it is next.

Anyway, I digress. I do have a garden, try to keep off the air-conditioning as long as possible, and compost. Still, I have a footprint of 16! It would take three and one half worlds if everyone lived as I do.

Something to think about.

1 comment:

pita-woman said...

Amen to it being suicide driving in 'your' town. I keep asking myself "why don't you take a different route to get to work?", yet I find myself day after day, attempting fate at the intersection of 1st & Main. Darn fools don't know how to wait their turn!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts