Monday, October 29, 2007

Longevity

An article in National Geographic focused on the secrets to a long and healthy life. The gist of the article was that to live longer, we must exercise (WHEN?) and avoid meat, wine or any kind of alcohol, sugar, and caffeine (meaning chocolate, too). Doing so will help you to live an additional 4 to 10 years.

Now, in between bites of her tofu salad, the 112 year old described the highlight of her days as when she takes a nap. I don't know about you, but if giving up all of the above results in sitting for a decade in a nursing home, waiting for a diaper change and my nap, I'd rather have my filet mignon, wouldn't you? Who wants to live to be 112, I ask you? Maybe 100. So I'll assume that my lifespan is 100 years, and that by eating meat, drinking a glass of wine now and again, and eating gobs of chocolate, I'm giving up that last 12 years. I think it's a bargain.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts