Sunday, October 14, 2007

Taking Down Memories

As I worked on removing the vinyl liner and some of the decking around the pool today, I paused as a wave of sadness came over me. I thought of all the friends that have sat around its edge. I thought of hot summer nights of squealing kids swimming with the daddy. All three of my kids learned to swim in the pool. Now, it lays with it's age showing, a shell of its former self.

William, only five, won't likely remember this pool, won't remember the summers we spent near it. It was a good pool.

1 comment:

pita-woman said...

Oh, that made my heart skip a beat. I was reminded of when we replaced our liner about 2 or 3 years ago... and I keep wondering each spring if that is the year we'll be getting rid of the pool.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts