Friday, August 20, 2010

I'll Eat You Up, I Love You So


As Lauren accelerated to get on the highway, I told her to take it easy on old (van) Eugene.   "He has a lot of junk in his trunk."

"Oh, mom!"  the girls exclaimed, laughing.  "That's not what that means."

Sure, I explained, I've heard the expression used to explain someone with a large rear, or in this case, a very full one.  Okay, I admitted, it could have an alternate meaning.  We continued to laugh about poor Eugene's bumper riding low, pulling Lauren's belongings to college.  So enjoyable to have older children to laugh with, enjoying the ride of life.

After seeing her belongings safely into her room, meeting her lovely roommate and her family, I took Anna and William off to a zoo, giving Lauren some space to adjust to her new surroundings.


Not all of the animals behaved, some spitting at small children!


Some were nicer and allowed rides.


We returned to to the college for one last picnic, one last farewell...


...transplanting her in a beautiful place to grow.

2 comments:

whitetr6 said...

Congrats Cathy, you and dh have done well. I was so sorry to not be able to attend her recent recital, but I know there will be more. Perhaps one day at Cincy Music Hall!

pita-woman said...

Egads! I'm still remembering those 2 little girls huddled together on the bench at obedience school, and now look at them both! Where does the time go??

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts