Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Getting Closer!


This butterfly is going to have to migrate a little farther than it thought. William is going visiting to my sister's house, two hours away. He is going to take his chrysalis with him, so as not to miss it hatching. That is, if it doesn't hatch by this afternoon.  My sister also homeschools and appreciates learning from real life.

Notes:
Farrier came today to trim the horses.  He said that all hooves are growing at fast rates right now, which is good for his business.  This spring, we had a lot of rain and great grass pastures, followed by drought.  The grass reacts to the drought by producing more sugar in the grass.  Horses, then, can get fat and even founder on very (apparently) poor pastures that are actually more like candy than protein.  Imagine, walking around all day on your food! 

2 comments:

Cloudia said...

you teach me and share great beauty too! thanks GalPal




Warm Aloha from Honolulu

Comfort Spiral

pita-woman said...

Way cool how you can see the butterfly's design through the cocoon!
When I arrived at work yesterday, I opened the rear door to get out my purse & lunch bag, and a monarch flew in, landing on the headrest. I hated to disturb it, but pick it up I did and set it on the hood of my car.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts