Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Family Farm Clarification

This past weekend, we traveled to northeastern Ohio for my niece's wedding. Just yesterday, she was the flower girl in my wedding so I'm not sure how it happened that she's now old enough to get married herself. Brought a sniff or two to more than one invitee. Not me of course, I never tear up. Gwen was beautiful, and the setting idyllic. It made one think we all suddenly found ourselves centuries before in an oak grove of a farm, surrounded by flowers and good food. Gwen's family worked hard to make this all come together and this vision for attendees.

The photos that are pictured in yesterday's post were from my husband's brother's farm and overlooking a neighboring farm. Once, this farm belonged to dh's grandfather, and then his father, who with two of dh's brothers, ran a large dairy farm. The beautiful scenery I captured is fast disappearing with encroaching suburbia, and soon, the family farm will go the way of the dinosaurs. We will all be poorer for it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts