Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Who Dunnit?


Country-style living magazines always impress me with photos of covered porches casually decorated with rocking chairs and pots of flowers. Though limited in time, I try to put out a few flowers here and there in unusual pots. Lately, I've noticed disturbances in my flower pots. Someone has be flattening my petunias. I was even more distressed to find the dirt from my impatiens scattered all around. (see photo to left)


Who was to blame? Daisy shows little interest usually, though I asked her to smell the pot to see if she could find the culprit.







I was inclined to blame the cats, though not Jack (pictured) but Lazarus who likes to mess with things. It never dawned on me to blame the chickens, who are usually penned up, but I had let them out to hunt cicadas! They were the criminals. They have been successfully penned up again, and the flowers are now staying put in their pots.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts