Saturday, February 21, 2009

Just a Few Disjointed Notes

A note to Jennifer: I loved, my dear neighbor, when you in jest said that God was testing you with this weather to see if you meant it when you moved from Florida to Kentucky. It occurs to me as I see the white-out conditions outside right now that by living nearby, I have to participate in your test! It is a good thing that we dearly love your family, or I might have to hold this snowfall against you. At any rate, I've not seen a winter this "difficult" in a long time, and perhaps it is just part of the cycle of the Earth.

Buffy, not the vampire slayer but the old hen, has mites. She also has extremely long toenails. You really have to be an animal lover to bother to treat a chicken crawling with cooties and to clip her toenails.

Rotten wood does not burn very well. We are down to our last sticks of wood, and the HVAC guy says our little Mitsubishi Mr. Slim heater has blown its charge - no freon. Because we live in a technologically challenged area, it will take him at least a week to research it and find out why. Hence, I better start scaring up some wood. Dh bought a chainsaw and is out cutting right now. This is only to heat the one room that doesn't have electric heat, but if it is unheated, it makes the rest of the house cold. In my next house, we'll have a real furnace, not radiant heat (although it is quiet).

4 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

It's very sweet of you to take care of Buffy. I'm sure she appreciates it!

Hope you stay warm!

That Janie Girl said...

Y'all stay warm, girl!

Cloudia said...

"You really have to be an animal lover to bother to treat a chicken crawling with cooties and to clip her toenails."

This is one of the things I love about your blog and about you! Aloha-

David Cranmer said...

You have such a positive attitude--hang in there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts