Friday, October 24, 2008

Backyard Science Friday: I have photos...

...but I won't share them. Last night, Lauren came in just at nightfall. She had been "freaked out" down at the creek. There was a dead, hairless, green alien thing in the creek. Drawn there by our dog Daisy's barking, she spotted it in the dark with her flashlight. The smell was overpowering. Then, Daisy rolled it it. What is it with dogs and terrible smells and wanting to wear them like eau de cologne? It was reported that it resembled a pig in the fading light. I wondered which neighbor had taken up a new hobby? Daisy got a late night bath.

This morning, William and Lauren put on dust masks to go do a little forensic anthropology with me. It was an opposum that had apparently lost it's hair in the um, process. I took photos, but since many of you read this blog in the morning or over lunch (I am told), I'll spare you.

Do you have something to share in your backyard? Leave me a comment and I'll link to you.

3 comments:

Gregory Anderson said...

Put the dead critter into a sack and take it down the street to Turtle Man.

It's a win-win for everybody.

pita-woman said...

Eeww, gross!
Although I too wonder why dogs feel such a need to roll in the grossest thing they can find. That reminds me of the time I brought Smokey out to play with Juno and he ventured behind your barn and rolled in the manure pile. Needless to say, I rode all the way home with the windows down.

Unknown said...

Perhaps Daisy would like that art project you sowed in a recent post? Think they would transport it to your yard, since it's already blown away?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts