Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday

Dad would do better if he could rest, but the hospital is definitely not a place to rest. Last night, they weighed them at 4:30 a.m. and gave him his bath at 5:30 a.m.! Why? The beeps, alarms and tests just don't give you rest, nor the uncomfortable beds. I am here today to do his bidding on this heart monitoring floor in a tiny room. I am happy he is alive and I can be here to do whatever he needs.

He is slowly improving. We dare to think of rehab. Since he has had a bath already today, we've negotiated no weighing in the night and he's off most things that would require them to wake him. We'll see if either of us sleep.

4 comments:

Kristina said...

Here's hoping they'll leave him alone, tonight, and let him rest. It is very frustrating to the patient and their family when the patient is woken up repeatedly for procedures that, sometimes, are just happening because the nurse/doctor/orderly/washerwoman :) happens to be in at that time.

debra said...

Finger crossed for continued recovery and for rest for all of you.
xo

That Janie Girl said...

Yeah, I don't know how they expect anyone to improve when they're constantly being interrupted for monitoring, bathing, etc.

I'm still praying!

pita-woman said...

Sounds as if nothing has changed in the past 35 years. Reminds me of when I had my tonsils out (age 7). The nurses would come in in the middle of the night, wake me up and give me medicine to help me sleep. Makes a lot of sense, eh?!
Hope his improvement grows by leaps & bounds.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts