Saturday, July 12, 2008

Junosmom's No Good Very Bad Night

Last night, The girls were at a party, William was already in bed asleep, and dh was watching golf with his eyes closed. After locking up the chickens, I sat on the back deck and watched the rose-colored sky through the trees. Lightening bugs danced around in the dusk, crickets sang, and I tried to think that this peace was what people must have experienced before there were too damn many people in the world.

Not a thought too soon: some moron began setting off firecrackers down the street, which set the redneck neighbor's hound dog to howling, all of which threw my dog, up until now sitting quietly, into a nervous panic as she began licking me to death. Mosquitoes simultaneously began trying to get blood out of turnip by poking me over and over. I gave up and retreated to the air-conditioned indoors. Perhaps I'll move to Australia.

Notes:
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

3 comments:

camflock said...

I loved that children's book! I thought it was creative to write about "bad moods." I have lots of experience with my own grouchy moods -- maybe I should write a book. (when I figure out how to get rid of them)

--C

Unknown said...

See, you have moronophobia, too.

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/arbysarchives/554480/

pita-woman said...

Ahh, country life. I cuss the person that ever invented fireworks too. It can ruin an otherwise peaceful evening, and we already know what it does to my dogs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts