Friday, March 12, 2010

Art Appreciation Day

One day, when Anna was much younger, maybe nine years old, she showed her art to someone. Complimenting her, the adult (whose name is long forgotten) asked if she was going to be an artist when she grew up.

“I am already an artist,” she replied.

And you know? She was right. But often, we ask children what they are going to be when they grow up, neglecting to recognize the value of what they already are.

William reminded me of this when asking how I liked his most recent drawing. Would I frame it? He went on to imply that my framing of his artwork did not quite equal the oohs and ahs and subsequent expensive framing of Anna’s artwork. Would I make sure to frame his drawing? And I will not only frame it, I will share it with you.

Notes:
Lauren was academically admitted to her college of choice. Waiting on the Conservatory admission and scholarship/financial aid information. Waiting. Waiting.

2 comments:

Cloudia said...

"I am already an artist."

Gee I love your kids and how you treat them!


Aloha from Hawaii my country Friend!


Comfort Spiral

pita-woman said...

Very impressive! I couldn't even BEGIN to draw a bird, much less of a specific breed that would be recognizable.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts