Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Sunshine, On My Shoulders, Makes Me Happy!

Have we turned the corner? Kentucky is so unpredictable. One day, it can be freezing. The next, warm enough to motivate us to go on a hike through the woods.

How it is possible to go on a trail that is in a loop, a circle, and go uphill the entire hike, I have not yet figured out, but we did it yesterday. Entirely uphill. Doesn't life feel like that sometimes? As the boys scampered ahead, I began to feel my age. But I made it. The sunshine was luxurious.

Sweet William worried over me. "Are you alright, Mom?" But of course I was, just a little slower than an eight year old!

Note to William from the weekend: If you don't want to take a shower, don't stand behind the manure spreader while daddy is spreading manure.

5 comments:

pita-woman said...

I too have been relishing the warm rays of sunshine.
Of course, as I'm typing this, the clouds have returned and the rain is moving in shortly.
But I was able to sleep with the windows open for the first time this year last night. Yippee!!!

Junosmom said...

Yes, the morning was nice, but raining now.

That Janie Girl said...

Enjoy the rays!!!

David Cranmer said...

Yes, the old manure spreader shower is a lesson learner for sure.

Junosmom said...

Thanks, Janie. I did. But KY is very fickle. It is cloudy today.

David, I think his lesson has been learned!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts