My mother was always very good about giving my sisters and I beauty and longevity tips:
1. Always wear a good moisturizer with sunscreen in it. Don't forget your neck. (You can always tell a woman's age by her neck and hands.)
2. Always wash your face last thing in the evening, first thing in the morning.
3. Splash water to rinse. Pat, don't rub, dry.
4. Always take your calcium.
And so on. Very practical tips.
I thought I should also record the beauty tips I share with my daughters from time to time.
1. If you smell horse pee, it's probably you. Take a shower.
2. Don't walk in the chicken coop barefoot. Chicken sh*t is hard to get off your toes.
3. If you are going to wear a dress or skirt, you should probably scrub the manure off of your ankles.
4. If you are wearing sandles, toenail polish will cover the dirt under your toenails.
5. Wash your hair frequently to avoid blemishes, and to check for ticks, burrs and so on.
6. If you want to live a long time, don't stand behind a horse.
And so on. As you can see, there is a generational difference.
Guest Blog by Lauren Lauren wrote this essay for a class she is taking. I thought it was interesting and wanted to share with you. Copyrig...
Mass was about to start, so I turned down the volume on my iPhone and silenced it. I slid it into the handy pocket on my thigh of my new cap...
In a recent Smithonian Magazine article, it quotes author Vaclav Smil as saying that "two of every five humans on earth today would not...
The county where I live is a "bedroom" community, not just for people, but for horses. It is not unusual to see large horse traile...
The BBC news magazine reports that Paris Hilton wrote the following on her myspace.com blog: "Please help and sihn it." She is h...
If I had been the cashier, I would have lost my job. I would have told the old lady that I'd ring up her "Christmas gifts" ...
As I watched her slide off the brass elephant, I recognized in her something of myself . Which of our parents gave us this propensity to be ...
Before going back to more serious subjects, I wanted to share a story told by my sister about my beloved nephew/godson. He recently had a fr...
In my late twenties, I was the foreman of a synthetic detergent manufacturing plant, the first female to work in the building much less supe...
"I am going to be homeschooling my kindergartner. What curriculum should I use?" If only I had one day to have my little ones li...