Sunday, July 09, 2006

He Sure Knows How to Hurt a Gal

William and I were driving last Thursday to Kosair's Children's Hospital. He was to have a sleep study for snoring. I didn't want him to nap along the 30 minute drive, so we were talking.

"I wish I lived with Grandma and Grandpa."

"Oh, why?" I asked, prepared to hear more about the golf cart.

"Because then, I could play with Aunt Kaffy [Kathy]."

"That would be fun," I replied. "But, I would miss you if you lived there."

"Wouldn't you just get over it?" he asked.

"No, I'd never get over losing you," I said in my best Mama, Do You Love Me? book voice. Then, I ignored the adage to not ask a question unless you're prepared to hear the answer: "Wouldn't you miss me?"

"Well," he replied, "I'd have [sisters] Lauren and Anna." Ouch. Stab to the heart. I guess I should be happy that he has confidence he'll survive in my absence, but would I?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts