Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Potter Finger

When I awoke this morning, the ring finger of my left hand hurt. It felt as if I had smashed it the day before and it ached. I looked it over closely and could find no injury. I was stumped. (Not literally, of course.) I mentioned it to dh before he left for work. He suggested maybe I slept on it? Possible, but to just have one finger bent back?

As the door closed behind him, I got my coffee and most recent book for a brief few minutes before my little taskmaster (Wm) woke. As I picked up Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Book 6), a light bulb went off. I had Potter Finger. Not from working hard at the pottery wheel, but bent-finger syndrome from holding the massive book in my left hand as I drank my coffee with my right. The ring finger of my left hand supported the greatest amount of weight.

I am reading this because Anna LOVES Harry Potter books. In an effort to keep in tune with my daughters' interests, I thought to read it, too. As a homeschooler, I guess you could say it's like part of my job. I wonder if I can get Workers' Compensation?

1 comment:

Fatcat said...

LoL! I've had that too. Last year when that book came out I read it in one day! They make the books so heavy, don't they?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts