Friday, January 06, 2006

If You Lived Here.....

During my Christmas travels, I did have time to read a bit. One book I read was If You Lived Here, I'd Know Your Name, by Heather Lunde. This book is about her life in Haines, Alaska, a small town in the southeast of the state near Juneau. I enjoyed her almost blog-like description of what it is like to live there in a small town that is almost contained from the "Outside".

Since reading it, I check up with her website now and again to see how she is doing. I also read the Chilkat Valley News now and again to see what's going on in Haines. I guess Haines reminds me of what Loveland, Ohio the town in which I grew up, and La Grange, KY, the town where I now live, must have been like at one time. Now, with urban sprawl, it is difficult to really know your neighbors or fellow townspeople. I wonder if this is why blogging is becoming so popular - a way to connect to others in our fast-paced world?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts