Monday, January 16, 2006

An Irish Pub

Saturday night, a friend invited us to join her at the local Irish pub where her daughter was going to be dancing. With a pint of Tennent's beer, some Welsh Rabbit (no rabbit involved, it is a fancy grilled cheese) and surrounded by friends, the live Irish music could almost convince me I'd traveled across the ocean.

Our town is so lucky to have such a place. We go there frequently, enough that we don't really need a menu. It struck me that it was fortunate a place that has a family pub. The girls dancing in their fancy costumes, clogging shoes and fancy hairpieces were wonderful. There are so few places to go these days "where everybody knows your name".

1 comment:

Genuine Lustre said...

Ah, I wish our town had a place like that. Sounds like my kind of "little piece of heaven."

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts