Sunday, January 08, 2006

A Sense of Humor

Over Christmas, I think I somewhat lost my sense of humor. It has the feeling to me of having just come off of having the flu. Somewhat weak and lacking energy, yet the new year is starting and I scrabble to get my feet under me.

This year, I came home to finding, as I've mentioned, that the girls had practice in Lexington. Rather than complain, I enjoyed the day with Wm while they rode horses. I could not help thinking of when I was in my 20's and I had an American Saddlebred which I rode in a competition there. I remember thinking "man, it doesn't get any better than this - riding my horse in the most beautiful horse park in the world!" Now, my daughters ride there routinely, and give it little thought. I wonder if they know how lucky they are.

Oh, back to my subject. So, I come home, cheered by accomplishing my task to find that Wm now has stomach flu. For three days, I held his head and cleaned him up. Laundry mounted because with perfect timing, the drain from the washer to the septic system plugged and is now overflowing into our garage. A deluge of soapy water came out over everything. (Pollyanna: At least the toilets are on another drain and they are not plugged.) This isn't resolved yet, and I am reaching deep to regain my sense of humor. Wm helps. Yesterday, he said to me, "Mommy, are you glad I'm not choking (his word for throwing-up) on you anymore?" You can say that again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts