Thursday, March 16, 2006

Pride and Predjudice

The girls have been wanting to see Pride and Predjudice for sometime, and today, a copy arrived in the mail from my online movie rental account. After dinner, they started in on "can we watch it NOW?" though their homework wasn't done. They want to watch it as a family, and I explained that firstly, our 4 yo is NOT going to sit through a "people movie" (i.e. not animated cartoons) of a bunch of women in long dresses talking about love. Secondly, Daddy (aka "dh") would never make it to the end of the movie.

"Wha'da'ya'mean?" he said incredulously.

"Well, I'll rub your feet everyday for a WEEK if you can make it through this movie without falling asleep. You lose? You rub my back every night for a week. Deal?"

His response: "Why would I make a bet like that when I don't even know if I want to see the movie in the first place?"

Lauren offered to rub my back and his feet during the movie if we let her watch it. Let's see, that book was a classic. Can it count as school? Off to get my back rub.......

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts